Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are considering adding paid advertising on Facebook as an additional promotional strategy. Can anyone here offer any insights or feedback. Particularly interested in ROI.

·
Particulate Filter
4,430 Posts
Tried it for two months two years ago. No calls. Very low ctr.

People do not search facebook to make purchase decisions.

Now I have a friend who sells vibrators who does very well with a daily sex themed article and an always hilarious comments section. But building an audience like that may be tough with remodel work.

·
Registered
529 Posts
We are considering adding paid advertising on Facebook as an additional promotional strategy. Can anyone here offer any insights or feedback. Particularly interested in ROI.
I can't think of one contractor out of dozens we work with that has ever gotten a lead from FB PPC Ads. On the other hand I know a few that have generated quality job prospects through their FB interaction BUT it's a fine line between providing value and being annoying.

If it were my site.... I'd really be focusing on being found organically/locally first... This includes local biz directories and consumer review sites.

Right now your exposure in search looks pretty limited, you are a few pages back for any search query I tried. Your adwords ad shows up for some queries but your campaign is not set up correctly and needs to be refined in many ways.

- proper targetting
- proper ads w/split testing
- proper keyword targetting using [Exact Match] and "Phrase Match" and -negative keywords
- proper landing pages for your particular keyword phrases
- more vivid and clear calls-to-action.
- aim for a quality score of 7 or higher with each ad (your cost per click will go down and ad position increase!)

If this is a brand new footbridge site then your rankings might improve slightly for you in a few weeks/months. From what I can see currently, you are a long ways away from consistent first page exposure with what's been done so far.

If ROI is a major concern of yours then you should be taking a serious look at your web presence and what it's doing for you.

Had To Add:

While I too am a Walking Dead fan blog posts like your most recent have no place on your home remodeling website. Especially with a misleading title such as "Durham Construction Company". I see what you were trying to do with the post but if you continue this practice your blog will look spammy. You have several articles with misleading titles. Just my 2 cents.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts