Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Typical contractor - Calling people a liar.

I didn't say the mpg was typical or that 17-18 is what I get now. Just that's what I got on that trip when it was new.

My 08 has had 3 recalls that I know of. None were major.
I traded in a 09 tundra last year. It got 15 at best. 11 or so when pulling a trailer. Great truck. Lots of power but horrible gas mileage.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
2014 gmc 1500 just got a recall on a piece of plastic that catches on fire at idle to long, 5 trucks already burnt up! A cop friend of mine has 700 miles on his and just got a recall!
Recalls are not bad but that's expected when there's a model or body change that first year is they work out the kinks!
I'm not expecting 18 out of it but if I get a combination of 15-16 in happy! In reality that's better than the new diesels with the emissions controls now

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
I ain't had one recall affect my truck yet. I was not included in the 2 they put out.

The problem with Toyota is they fight the recalls remember when they said their was no problem with their throttles on the vehicles. That affected stupid millions of vehicles and they done their best to cover it up. They were made to issue a recall in the end though.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts