Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This Unico system is being installed in the house I'm working on. I don't know too much about it, but it looks like it should be in the space shuttle.:blink:

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Some of the supply runs.:shutup: I believe their is a total of around 130 over 4 floors, fed by 5 seperate systems.:blink: Will be fed from a remote location by chillers circulating chilled water.

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
Thats nice. Its a pretty expensive system. A high velocity system. Which is nice. Because the vents in the room are low profile. I've seen them use that on this old house. Not that often though because there not into forced air for heat. Usually hotwater. Are they using for heat also or just AC? You can also paint those little round holes where the air comes out to match the room So you really cant see them. They blend in nicely. When hanging those unit's you have to use the rubber things to minimize vibration. Pic 1 is what i'm talking about. Rich T on this old house was showing that during installation.

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats nice. Its a pretty expensive system. A high velocity system. Which is nice. Because the vents in the room are low profile.
Because of the lengths of run, alot of diffusers had to be added to make up for it. It appears to be a good system for the site conditions. (Metal framing and concrete floors.) Still alot of ductwork to be ran, pictures to follow.:thumbsup:

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I've seen them use that on this old house. Not that often though because there not into forced air for heat. Usually hotwater. Are they using for heat also or just AC? You can also paint those little round holes where the air comes out to match the room So you really cant see them. They blend in nicely. When hanging those unit's you have to use the rubber things to minimize vibration. Pic 1 is what i'm talking about. Rich T on this old house was showing that during installation.
Heat is radiant in floor, all four levels. The diffusers are rectangular, see pic. They will be painted. All the units are hung from the rafters with isolation springs, the ductwork will be supported by ridgid foam cradles.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Those aren't regular rectangular register boots.

those are high velocity slotted boots.

made for HV systems.

If youo connected a HV to a regular boot/register, it wouldn't work.

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Those aren't regular rectangular register boots.

those are high velocity slotted boots.

made for HV systems.

If youo connected a HV to a regular boot/register, it wouldn't work.
Yes, it is a high velocity system. Actually all five units are.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
I just notice they have the duct work attached to regular metal register. They did not use the cool 4 inch plastic ceiling register?
Thats what i'm talking about. When those are mounted in a ceiling there so low profile if painted to match ceiling you really can't see them. Especially if you tuck them like in the corners of a room.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Heat is radiant in floor, all four levels. The diffusers are rectangular, see pic. They will be painted. All the units are hung from the rafters with isolation springs, the ductwork will be supported by ridgid foam cradles.:thumbsup:
In my opinion you are getting the best of both worlds, congratulations. Looks like a very nice installation.

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Just a few updated pics, space is getting tight.

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Here's a couple of Money Mike, the man responsible for creating this monstrosity.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts