Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
I've got quite a substancial house on the lake here to paint.
It's half stucco and half wood siding.
Now my dilema is that previously it has been stained with sikkens but my local Sherwin Williams store is leading me towards a product called 'Rymar'..It seems like a good stain but there isn't many colors to choose from. There isn't one that is remotely close to the color on the house now. I can't find a sikkens retailer close by and I called Benjamin Moore yeserday and they were trying to sell me there brand. I have never used it before and I really want be able to stand behind my work (the owner has a very high standing in the community here)and am a little reluctant to try it for the first time on this job.
I'm open to any suggestions,
Thanks.

·
Doer of Many Things!!!
837 Posts
I'd go for the Sikkens if you can find it. It's one of the best on the market. If you are in Morristown, TN as your profile indicates, there is a dealer listed in your town.

Harville Hardware
4211 East Morris Blvd
Morristown TN 37813
423-581-5500

If they are no longer a dealer, there is a dealer list available on Sikkens' website.
http://www.nam.sikkens.com/find-a-dealer.cfm?state=TN

·
Lack Of All Trades
1,232 Posts
Hey Guys,
I've got quite a substancial house on the lake here to paint.
It's half stucco and half wood siding.
Now my dilema is that previously it has been stained with sikkens but my local Sherwin Williams store is leading me towards a product called 'Rymar'..It seems like a good stain but there isn't many colors to choose from. There isn't one that is remotely close to the color on the house now. I can't find a sikkens retailer close by and I called Benjamin Moore yeserday and they were trying to sell me there brand. I have never used it before and I really want be able to stand behind my work (the owner has a very high standing in the community here)and am a little reluctant to try it for the first time on this job.
I'm open to any suggestions,
Thanks.
That's the thing. Each store will try to sell you a brand they stand behind and carry. I would just keep searching, because what you stain with has to match to what's already there. Try sikkens keyword search. You may have to order it from their website.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes,
I thinking of leaning towards sikkens but wondered if anyone had used the BM stuff.
And thanks gideond for the search. I did try Harville hardware Friday but they never picked up the phone..I'll try again Monday.
Thanks guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts