Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for some good motion flood lights for my house. Preferably LED or something that will accept LED bulbs. Any recommendations?

·
Radical Basement Dweller
25,813 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have installed many different ones and will only use RAB anymore. They act correctly as far as motion and darkness and are very reliable.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I have put a few of these LED's on my property along with some motion detectors . There extremely bright ,very happy with them . When they kick on from motion and my security cameras record it looks like the middle of the day in the middle of the night . I don't remember the price but they are expensive .

Attachments

·
Administrator
Maker of Fine Sawdust
51,686 Posts
Sorry Eric.

I haven't found any that last.

there's something about the on and off that effects the bulb.
I have to agree. The 2 that I used last about a year or so then get intermittent problems until I replace them again.

·
Radical Basement Dweller
25,813 Posts
I have to agree. The 2 that I used last about a year or so then get intermittent problems until I replace them again.
Even with LED?

One of the motion sensor/double flood lights up on my house, my Dad put up probably 25 years ago. He has been dead 20 years now. Believe it or not, I have never replaced either one of the standard outdoor flood bulbs. I don't know what brand it was but am certain it was just a generic and inexpensive unit. The metal bulb covers are a little rusty but it works like a charm. The only thing...during a lightning storm, it may come on and stay on until the next day...then resets and works great. Go figure.

Now that I said that, it will fall apart in a few days.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts