Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Custom cabinetry
9,178 Posts
Anyone use the Evolution circular saw? Looking at metal cutting saws and I have seen these around, including at the local metal supplier. Seems like a good price.
Not yet, I'm considering a dedicated metal saw (well, one designed for it) right now I've got a couple of worm drives with the Diablo metal cutting blades in them.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
I have owned the circular saw for several years .By the price you know it isn't high end quality . I found it to be great purchase .I have not pulled out my cutting torch since owning it .I make metal post bases ,beam flanges,misc tools . It is like cutting wood though a bit slower . Thinking if I had a crew and many people using it I might upgrade .

·
hack of all trades
1,144 Posts
I've heard circular saws made to cut metal using a toothed/non-abrasive blade referred to as "cold saws"? They normally run at lower RPM and I've always wanted to check one out. I've looked into the evolution saws, they're supposedly decent for being on the lower end of the price scale.

·
Registered
840 Posts
We have both the Evolution and the Milwaukee 8"metal saw the Milwaukee is better made and easier to use I think. It is a bit heavier though, It will cost you about a 100 more but its worth it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
The Milwaukee Cold Saw is not made anymore and or just not available under the *TTI* umbrella. I looked into getting a 2nd one a couple months ago, and it was not available on Milky's site as well.

Other options are the Mak and Morse as well.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I was looking into buying the Millwaukee a couple months ago and did find it for sale online still.Just can't remember where.A google search might find it.

·
Registered
840 Posts
The Milwaukee Cold Saw is not made anymore and or just not available under the *TTI* umbrella. I looked into getting a 2nd one a couple months ago, and it was not available on Milky's site as well.

Other options are the Mak and Morse as well.
I did not know that. Ours is going on 5 years and still going strong.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I didn't know it either before reading this post.Hope it's not true but know some are available still.Don't know about buying one if they have been discontinued due to getting parts down the road.

·
Registered
2,923 Posts
I use a skill wd just swap the blade and off you go. I also get all of my lgs pre cut so i haven't cut this since getting precut. I just show up with my rig, magnetic torpedo, and impacts. Great reduced the tool packages on the metal framing packages. We throw that chit together like an ikea kitchen.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts