Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
My screen now shrinks from the Home Depot paint adds. Normal one on the right, and now a vertical banner on the left, plus another full banner on the right. Shrinks my screen to half width.

. I am about to tell the management about it.

·
Banned
3,075 Posts
The shrinking screen thing is putting me close to the edge. Just as I was typing this i had to stop because I lost my place.

I can take a few ads around the border, cuz I can ignore them.

But the shrinking is just effing annoying.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Awesome. I haven't been here in a while; just came back and saw John's thread from the front page. Clicked it, started reading it, then the Home Depot ad came at me and emphasized his point for me.

Wouldn't it be great if a website like this, where all of the advertising profit happens because of the content provided by its users, did profit sharing? I wouldn't qualify, because I don't post a lot of content, but John and others would see a nice little paycheck once a month.

Then John would quit griping about the ads! Win-win.

·
Registered
13,216 Posts
Nothing here. Just the recent posts, blogs and reviews boxes on the left. I did go to HD and tell them to stop spamming me. Maybe that is why. :whistling

·
Registered
Retired deck builder
6,808 Posts
I never minded the ads on here so the owner/owners could make a buck other than the Service Magic ads. It did not seem right to allow a company that leachs off contractors to be allowed on a contractor site.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
I guess it is like broadcast, and virtually all television except for premium channels. Someone has to pay, and I already pay for DISH, I do not want to pay for a forum. I own one now, and it would make for slim eating.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts