Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
if your basement floods. this stuff will be trashed.glue down carpet or tile only real choice if slab is below grade. on a walk out might be ok as these dont have same water issues.

·
Remodeler
824 Posts
I am finishing up a basement that I put a floor down using dricore 750 sq'. Nice stuff. A bit expensive but well worth it. The basement definitely needs to be dry but it is a nice product. It takes a bit of practice to level but not bad. The slab must be pretty close to flat. You can level it a little. Wear a mask when cutting.

·
Banned
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wasn't going to put in basement

I have a den that use to be a attached one car garage on my house. Has a cement floor. I just put down some special carpet over the cement floor. The floor gets a little cold in winter time. I didn't want to go through all the hassel of raising the floor. But back then I didn't know about dricore. It sounds like the perfect solution. I can carpet over it correct?????? :Thumbs:

·
Remodeler
824 Posts
Yes you can carpet over it. It is a floating floor so they recommend you leave the spacers in until the carpet is down. Quick install, just be sure to adjust for uneven floor while putting it down or it will bounce.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts