Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Ever seen this

2108 8
Started a new job today on a 50's house. Have to make a door opening in a cmu wall and this is in the way.
Wall Room Furniture Interior design Wood

Furniture Room Electronics Antique
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
I can't believe that thing survived this long! My grandparents had one years ago, but it was ripped out in the early 90s....does it still work?
How cool is that? Does it still work?
That's cool. Never seen that before. Imagine how back in the day that was state of the art modern.
No, it doesn't work, but it sure is cool. Entire house is kind of funky. It was built as a contemporary in the early 50's. I tried finding info on the web about it, but can't seem to find anything similar. I'll have to look at it closer tomorrow. The bathroom also had a medicine cabinet with slots to dispose of razor blades. When the carpenters opened the wall about a zillion blades fell out.:eek:

Tim
Reactions: spazman
Still have that medicine cabinet in my half-bath...circa 1965.
The bathroom also had a medicine cabinet with slots to dispose of razor blades. When the carpenters opened the wall about a zillion blades fell out.
I actually have two in my storage shed that work.The whole intercom sytem.They had a split level house with a family room downstairs with the upgraded system that had quarter sawn white oak faceplates,a tube amplifier and tuner and a lp holder.All mouted in the wall.Made by Nutone.
Thats so cool

Mike Wolfe and Frank; American pickers. :laughing:
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.