Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started a new job today on a 50's house. Have to make a door opening in a cmu wall and this is in the way.
Wall Room Furniture Interior design Wood

Furniture Room Electronics Antique

·
Registered
26 Posts
I can't believe that thing survived this long! My grandparents had one years ago, but it was ripped out in the early 90s....does it still work?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, it doesn't work, but it sure is cool. Entire house is kind of funky. It was built as a contemporary in the early 50's. I tried finding info on the web about it, but can't seem to find anything similar. I'll have to look at it closer tomorrow. The bathroom also had a medicine cabinet with slots to dispose of razor blades. When the carpenters opened the wall about a zillion blades fell out.:eek:

Tim

·
Radical Basement Dweller
29,469 Posts
The bathroom also had a medicine cabinet with slots to dispose of razor blades. When the carpenters opened the wall about a zillion blades fell out.
Still have that medicine cabinet in my half-bath...circa 1965.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I actually have two in my storage shed that work.The whole intercom sytem.They had a split level house with a family room downstairs with the upgraded system that had quarter sawn white oak faceplates,a tube amplifier and tuner and a lp holder.All mouted in the wall.Made by Nutone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts