Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been selling roofs for about three years.

I've been working the windstorms in the Denver area and today heard about a shingle called a gen tech (not sure about the spelling can't find it in google)

Anyway this is a 30 year shingle of sorts that was installed by a big home builder in the late 80's to early 90's. (I hear)

My understanding is that this is a discontinued shingle and the insurance companies are totaling these out, even with the slightest wind or hail damage.

I found a few hundred of these homes and no ther roofers are going after them or even know where to find them.

There are dozens of roofing companies knocking doors in Denver right now due to recent windstorms. Finding a few hundred of these roofs gives me a corner on the market right now.

I need to get some info on the gentech shingles. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hello,

Yeah Ed they were. We replaced a lot of them in Virginia in the late 80s. Most were only 1 to 3 years old. The matt in them would cracked to chit. One builder loved them even though we reroofed several of his houses.:eek:

Keith

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. Roofer boy said they are Gen-Star and that's what they are. I did a google search and found all the info I could ever want.

Man it's been extremely busy here. I've been putting in a lot of hours that are getting ready to pay off in some very nice commissions. All the other sales guys at the company I work with have quit knocking doors and taking call in leads, so I am overloading myself. It's a little exhausting but will be worth it.

Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts