Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why is it that Europe gets some really neat tools/accessories. Everytime I look up European tool sites I find something I really could use and want but it is not marketed over here. Has anyone found a way to get them over here? I can't find and tool site which will ship international.

Some examples:

Paslode magazine extension, cool.

Not sure if this available here.

Paslode positive placement gun. I have only two questions, how much and I'll take it.

I know its been posted before but I really want one.

Reactions: genecarp

·
I like Green things
23,069 Posts
That Kapex set just became available this spring. Those wings are 700 bucks, saw is 1300 and the table is 400.

Check out Mafell, if you really want to see some cool things.

That extension for the passlode is cool.

Yes, you can have those items shipped but, good luck finding someone to fix them while under warranty.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Europe is the testing grounds while the tool manufacturer is going thru the red tape of Washington. Once it gets approval rating, it comes here.

·
Banned
9,058 Posts
Hopefully they've got the kinks worked out of the kapex by now. They sent me a new plate for the scraping (and I added a nylon washer to the miter base) and it's been fine...not really what you want to do after laying out the moola, but it's been great since.

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts
I don't think you guys have
looked at those European Union
standards lately.
You know that funny looking
"CE" stamp thing?
You don't remember hearing about
them getting stuck with a bunch
of lead base baby chew toys. :no::whistling

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Europeans are interested in quality and technology and will pay for it.

Some European manufacturers will allow there name to be used on down graded (quality - wise) items for the price-oriented U.S. market. Some will not do it, but the good tools still find there way around low buck U.S. sellers/sellers.

When is the last time you saw a Mercedes cab in the U.S? They are very common in Germany with many, many miles on them that look new and have great performance even though they may have 200,000 to 500,000 miles on them. It is due to the strict auto inspection even if they might not release your car until you buy new tires, have a new front end and fix the rust on the body.

Reactions: XanadooLTD

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
1 - 14 of 14 Posts