Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This was a fun little job.

Hard maple with a white wash stain.

The center doors are one door with a saw kerf. There is a component rack behind the left side and roll outs on the right.
The designer picked out the cloth and sent it to us. Those doors are simply cut for glass and we made some square stops to hold the cloth. Two guys, one stretching the other working the stops and nailer.

That stone is all mitered together. The right and left sides miter and return to our cabinets. Even the indentation for the tv is all mitered, same with the hearth. Real nice work by the stone fabricator. Can't even tell it's not one big stone.

Room Hearth Fireplace Wall Property

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
I don't care about the cabinet let's see the equipment!

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
looks great! we have kind of the same setup, our fire place is nat. gas. would like to move our tv above it. does heat create any probs for them?

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Inner10 said:
I don't care about the cabinet let's see the equipment!
I was back over there the other day. Here you go.

Room Hearth Property Fireplace Furniture

I have no idea what all this stuff is. All I know is that it handles the whole house.

Computer case Technology Electronic device Room Machine

This hurts my head

Cable management Electrical wiring Technology Electronic device Computer case

Nobody could come up with a cover plate? Hacks :)

Cable management Electrical wiring Wire Cable Electrical supply

Reactions: Inner10

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Californiadecks said:
Santa Rosa? I used to live in Rohnert Park, back in 1982
Our shop is right there in Cotati, literally a stone's throw across the creek from Rohnert Park.

This job is in Belvedere, literally a stone's throw across the lagoon from Tiburon. 95% of our work is south of us.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
That's a middle Atlantic rack, nice model but I prefer the axs series. The little amps are Sonos ZP120s each one server a pair of speakers in the house.

We rarely install this like this because we have basements to hide our equipment racks in.

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Inner10 said:
That's a middle Atlantic rack, nice model but I prefer the axs series. The little amps are Sonos ZP120s each one server a pair of speakers in the house. We rarely install this like this because we have basements to hide our equipment racks in.
Basements are not common here. If you were able to put a basement below this house the water table would pop the house up like a piece of toast :)

I end up accommodating the AV gear quite often. The venting is always an issue that I just assume push off on the AV guy. How would you vent this cabinet?

·
GC/carpenter
43,943 Posts
Gus Dering said:
Our shop is right there in Cotati, literally a stone's throw across the creek from Rohnert Park. This job is in Belvedere, literally a stone's throw across the lagoon from Tiburon. 95% of our work is south of us.
I went High School for one year there, I think it's Rohnert Park High, right there near Cotati.

Yeah I was a youngster and we used to frame homes in San Rafael. Marin County was high dollar back then I'll bet nothing's changed. The difference between southern Cal and N. Cal. Is night and day.

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Rancho Cotati High School

1 - 14 of 14 Posts