Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sergey, how do the features of Costminer compare to the other software packages mentioned?
The only product I'm a little bit familiar with is PlanSwift. I think PlanSwift is more advanced as a take-off program, but may not have as much estimating-wise. I may be wrong, though. Also, CostMiner has the functionality for entering actuals and comparing them with estimates.

It runs in the browser, which may not be the case for the other packages.

·
Registered
3 Posts
3d.....

We have tried the usual suspects and have recently moved our team over to Hover 3D. It works great and is integrated with your phone and iPad.

·
Contractor
4,742 Posts
Ugh, can't believe I got suckered into reading posts from 7yrs ago before noticing the dates!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Not so new guy
34 Posts
Would you ever trust a third party to do the estimating? I tried outsourcing my material take-off over Upwork, but was never quite comfortable with the results and ended up redoing it.
Wondering if anyone has successfully done this and what tactics you used to make sure it was accurate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Reply to third party estimating

Being in that business of designing estimating software we have found there are so many different building practices around the country with different materials, different codes, etc. The best solution we have found is to have software that can be easily adjusted and customized for each individual business or contractor. A third party would have to have precise details on codes and how you build in order to be accurate.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts