Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings!

Does anyone have any recommendations on estimating software for roofing? Or books on estimating? Also, I'd be interested in how the veterans out there operate-- software or manual?

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Rich has written a nice guide about estimating in general. I just got an evaluation version of QUalityOne sales development tools. It seems promising. It's basically an acces database that runs without MS access. It could be easily reproduced if you had the time and knowledge.

If you do a forum search for "a gift for my friends" or "a present for my friends" you will find the estimating spreadhseet I use. It is outdated in pricing since there have been two price increases.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Grumpy, I found your Excel sheet and will take a look. I haven't been able to locate the guide you refer to. I'd like to take a look at it too. I'm trying to find something that details the steps and formulas to determine sq/ft and materials. All of the books I've located are geared more to the diy market and are clearly aimed at someone that measures 1 roof every 10 years or so--I'd like to get a little more efficient. Thanks again for helping.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts