Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Very good question! I can't wait to see the answers....

I'm still thinking but I will say that I don't want to be the middle man for sure. Id rather start them off right and make everyone else have to live up to me or blow them away at the end :Thumbs:

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
LOL I want to be the last contractor they visit :) I like being the first because I have found they compare all others to their first but my presentations are tailored so the customer can eliminate low ball unqualified compitition.

S

·
0 Posts
I have found that if you sale yourself well, It doesnt matter as much. I try to come up with reason why someone else might come in lower then me and make my potential customer aware of those cut corners. That why when and if they see lower numbers from someone else they are weery right off the bat.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I would like to be the last one who had chance to impress them. Plus I would be able to cover the concerns they have with previous ones. There is only one minus. I saw cases when client doesn’t wait for 2nd and 3rd. I try to come last on referral based ones and first on every other types of leads.

·
Flooring Guru
2,794 Posts
I really do not care too much, as long as I get the chance. What I rely on is educating the customer and showing professionalism, energy, and knowledge. If any of the other contractors lack any of those traits, I usually get the job.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts