Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently look at buying a home that has a detached garage with an empty room above the garage that could be converted into an apartment. My problem is, I want to put a bathroom into it and a small kitchen. I would need to run the plumbing to the main line which is in the basement of the house. So how much do you think it would cost to run plumbing from the detached garage to the house, into the main drain, as well has running water lines to the building?

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Oscapes said:
So how much do you think it would cost to run plumbing from the detached garage to the house, into the main drain, as well has running water lines to the building?
I was guessing $15K - $20K. 10 feet deep at the basement, 6 feet deep to the garage 50 feet away, two stories up to the apartment.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Not sure as to what you are dumping into, IE septic, or city sewer. Why dont you think outside of the box, make your connection out side rather than run them all over the inside.

BJD

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
connecting outside

Bjd, would it be possible to make the connections outside? It has a septic tank and has a well. The house is about 20 feet from the garage.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Why not?

It sure sounds a lot eaiser to me than going back to the house.

Just cut into the septic line with a whye connection, and make your laterale run back to the garage.

BJD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts