Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wondering what your average win rates are for your estimates.
Also, for those of you using an online leads service like www.contractorhunt.com ... what is your win rate through those services. Are they higher or lower?

I think the average target in painting estimates is around 30%.
Anyone else?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Grumpy, Thats pretty good stats as I only get 22 % overall per a year round activity. As you know this makes alot of dead time as the estimates and follow ups are very time consuming and it can create a false sense of security.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
I am pretty much a full time salesman. That's what I was hired to do. Thank you for the compliment on my ratio. I had one *real salesman* tell me the best of the best can't close above 30%. My response is "I'm not pushy. I am persistant."

G

·
0 Posts
I am usually able to land around 50% of the estimates I do. Thats from all sources of marketing

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I lose a couple of jobs a year. My advertising is by word of mouth, I don't do free estimates (knocks out most of the price shoppers). Many times I try to price myself out of a job and still get the work, just happened again last week. I told another customer that I wasn't available until Oct (half true) and they said that they would wait. Today, I had an old Palm Beach customer call me about a job in Baltimore. I told him that it would cost 2-3K to figure out if it was feasible (license, ins, crew costs, etc.). I got the go-ahead.
I would say that my ratio is about 90-95%.

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Teetor I think the difference between you and many of us you you heavily qualify your leads.

I run every lead that is in our service area. LOL I could sell 100% if I only sold to people I knew wanted to buy, but then I'd only be selling 10 roofs a year!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nathan said:
I wondering what your average win rates are for your estimates.
Also, for those of you using an online leads service like www.contractorhunt.com ... what is your win rate through those services. Are they higher or lower?

I think the average target in painting estimates is around 30%.
Anyone else?
It looks like ContractorHunt.com is actually an affiliate or branded version of Respond.com. Interesting .. they're a non-exclusive provider for sure.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts