Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a ball park figure for prime, finish on walls (no ceilings), metal doors (caulked and painted), stain wood trim.

Sq foot/Liner foot labor only number.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I need a ball park figure for prime, finish on walls (no ceilings), metal doors (caulked and painted), stain wood trim.

Just answer these few questions. These are the same questions that all of us ask when we are wanting to figure out what to charge. The answer is much better than "how much should I charge".

1) YOUR Overhead - The overhead amount for YOUR business. It is different than anyone elses.

2) Is the job taxable. In YOUR state are YOU required to charge tax on material, labor or both. Is sales tax to be charged on the sale amount after markups?

3) What is YOUR Workers Comp rates and your experience modifier for YOUR company.

4) What is the production rate of YOUR employees for each coat of paint or stain on each substrate on the actual job that YOU are bidding. It may be different from job to job. This is YOUR job and only YOU know these particulars.

5) How much do YOU pay your employees?

6) sheeez

You mention stained trim. Is it base? crown mold? chair rail? all 3? 2 of the 3? The prices of these are different. Two can be finished from the ground and the other will have to be finished off of a ladder.

Notice all of the times it says YOU and YOUR?

That is because it needs to be YOUR price to fit YOUR own company. If you can provide this specific data pertaining to YOUR company and the job that YOU are bidding then someone might be able to help YOU. If YOU can produce that specific information then chances are YOU know enough about your company and the job you are bidding to actually figure a price out for YOURSELF.

If YOU can't produce that data then YOUR guess will be as good as anyone elses here. It would be extremely beneficial to anyone to know details about their own pricing, afterall that is the source of funding for YOUR business.

·
Eater of sins.
4,687 Posts

Well, near as I can tell your normal ball park is is in the figure of a diamond but kind of rounded at the top. Pointy pointy at the bottom.

Boston's stadium kind of messes up that theory a bit though.

I hope this helps.

Andy.

·
Super Moderator
11,331 Posts

crazytaper? Is that you?--------> Or is it Brocktologist? :detective:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think you guys are being had. The poster is WTF Drywall...
Nah I have about 250,000 sq/ft of commercial painting that needs done. If anyone was professional enough they would have left a number or PMed me their contact. Guess no one around here needs a job. :jester:

Ive had a few bids but they are alllllllllll over the place.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts