Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Linear feet (often called Lineal feet) is the same as regular feet. No conversion is necessary. If something is 6 linear feet tall, it is 6 feet tall.

·
Pompass Ass
2,090 Posts
a 35 linear feet of chain link fence how much is linear feet. thank you
linear is the same as a running foot, meaning if it is 35 lineal feet the total length is 35 feet.

if it was square footage you would take the height x the length.

To figure the job you would need to know how tall the fence is and the other specs.

·
Eater of sins.
4,362 Posts
Cool, a five year old "How much" thread. I figure we could all have a ball with this one. No one gets hurt as the guy probably isn't here anymore any way.

In this case linear feet is calculated by your shoe size directly. If you have small feet that means you have more linear feet then the guy with bigger feet therefore you make more money than those more well endowed in the pedal department.

Luck you of the small feet.

So if you wear a size 7 shoe for each lineal foot you charge $3.50 and have lets say 65 linear size 7 feet.

Myself I wear a mildly hefty 10.5 so my linear foot is only calculated at 50 size 10.5 @ $3.50.

I make less than you do.

I hope this helps.

Andy.

·
Carpe Diem
20,533 Posts
Linear feet (often called Lineal feet) is the same as regular feet. No conversion is necessary. If something is 6 linear feet tall, it is 6 feet tall.
Conversion from linear to lineal: (L x 1) + 0 = conversion

:thumbup:

Hey, vfence's "trade" is California. Does that mean he causes land slides, wild fires and earthquakes or just cleans up after them?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts