Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
Are you looking for scope of work, or contractor-purchaser obligations?

Scope of work is easy... just list everything you plan to do no matter how minute it seems to be to you.

We will scrape the wall of all loose paint chips.
We will sand the wall with X grit sand paper to rough toe surface for proper paint adhesion.
We will apply one coat of latex X color paint, to be applied by roller.

The contractual ob ligations are easy for painting also.

The Contractor will protect and clean the work area daily. (People love this!)
The purchaser will be responsible for providing cleanup facilities such as a sink or exterior hose.
The purchaser will be responsible to move any furniture at least 3' from the wall.
The purchaser will be responsible for any late fees or charges that occur in attempts to collect payment due.

Just think logically! Good luck.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Grumpy said:
Are you looking for scope of work, or contractor-purchaser obligations?

Scope of work is easy... just list everything you plan to do no matter how minute it seems to be to you.

We will scrape the wall of all loose paint chips.
We will sand the wall with X grit sand paper to rough toe surface for proper paint adhesion.
We will apply one coat of latex X color paint, to be applied by roller.

The contractual ob ligations are easy for painting also.

The Contractor will protect and clean the work area daily. (People love this!)
The purchaser will be responsible for providing cleanup facilities such as a sink or exterior hose.
The purchaser will be responsible to move any furniture at least 3' from the wall.
The purchaser will be responsible for any late fees or charges that occur in attempts to collect payment due.

Just think logically! Good luck.
Thanks Grumpy,im trying to make my own contract in word,i really like your wording ill use some of it in my contract

·
Registered
106 Posts
Swish...
Try making trade up contacts with people in others fields.
I did an interior 2 room job for a self-employed graphic arts retailer.
For that, I had a 300.00 credit with her for business cards, bid sheets, and job contracts. The software that they use to create forms is much more advanced then MS word.

I also have 1500.00+ in credit with an accountant, 800.00+ in credit with a lawyer, and 380.00+ with a landscaper. It helps to business with these types of people because in turn they will recommend everyone they know to your business. And you in turn do the same for them.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I work on 'trade out' too. Just be mindful of who you are working with, how much is owed and keep it all on paper just like an invoice.
I have an account with an Interior Designer for about $1,200.00 which I doubt that I will ever recover. Another one went out of business owing me almost another large. I also have an architect who owes me $1500.00 but as I do all of my own drawings he just reviews them and signs them off, it's going to take years to work that down and the dollar keeps shrinking.
The best one that I did was with a dentist which happened to coincide with a time when I needed two crowns, instant gratification.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts