Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Texas Home Exteriors
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am curious to find out if anyone has had much success with using an eSignature service to getting a bid signed as opposed to just leaving a paper bid? With everything going electronic these days homeowners often want us to email them a bid and I do so. Especially with the younger generation sending an email bid along with the e Signature forms I thought would be nice as opposed to having an attachment and getting them to print and sign, scan and email and or fax back to us contractors is quite a task for them.

Anyhow, I was wondering if anyone has any feedback on this?

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I used a the app Sign Easy on my iPad. Simply send it over, they get it as a email PDF format. If they font have the app, it's free and they sign on their device and send it back.

For gutters it worked very well.

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
greg- I will tell you the straight up truth-and it doesn't speak well for my intelligence......

Yesterday I received a proof from my printer RE: some mailings we are having produced.
I have not used this particular printer before AND this was the first time I have encountered the E signature thing..........
I am a little embarrassed to admit it- but not too embarrassed. I was completely UN-able to figure out how to make the e-signature thing work out, LOL

So- I sent the email BACK to the printer along with an additional note that I had thoroughly checked over the proof and asking them to proceed.

so- for a lot of people it won't be a problem- perhaps most people.........
but for some people you will have introduced another level of irritation in the sales process.

Interestingly-THIS morning I already have a proof from the same printer RE:. another printing job--and it has a typo in-it. So, at least I am not the only idiot involved in these transactions, LOL
Stephen

·
General Contractor
8,081 Posts
You can use PDF without any printing...
I do all the time if customers need something done while away, or customers who already moved, or simply have busy schedules.

I have a digital signature created, they have an option to e-sign it right inside PDF without printing and email right back to me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
E Quote Services

There are a couple of services out there that combine the E-Signature with the online proposal so you can do one or the other. One of the services called Quoteroller has a neat feature that allows you to see when the recipient viewed the proposal. Another service called Pandadoc is another similar service that may be worth checking out.

·
Talking Head
5,388 Posts
You can just hold down on a pdf(in android anyway) and options will pop up. You can either create and add a digital signature or use the freehand function to scrawl on it. No additional software needed.

·
GC/carpenter
43,913 Posts
I had a lawyer need me to sign an email, is there a way to turn an email into a PDF on an Android phone? Or better yet is there a way to sign a non PDF such as an email?

·
Talking Head
5,388 Posts
A couple ways you can do it Mike. I have Adobe Acrobat so I just print the document and select PDF instead of a printer. If you don't have acrobat then there are some free programs you can download that do this. I think CutePDF was one I used a few years ago.

Another way is to copy/paste the email into OpenOffice and then export it as a PDF.

The nice thing about PDF's is that they carry a lot of info with them so someone can't take an edocument that you signed and then change it without a record of that change being made.

·
GC/carpenter
43,913 Posts
EthanB said:
A couple ways you can do it Mike. I have Adobe Acrobat so I just print the document and select PDF instead of a printer. If you don't have acrobat then there are some free programs you can download that do this. I think CutePDF was one I used a few years ago. Another way is to copy/paste the email into OpenOffice and then export it as a PDF. The nice thing about PDF's is that they carry a lot of info with them so someone can't take an edocument that you signed and then change it without a record of that change being made.
So if I'm going to be signing something important it should be a PDF for security reasons. The next time I get something like that I will ask them just to send me it in a PDF. Thanks for that info Ethan!

·
Talking Head
5,388 Posts
So if I'm going to be signing something important it should be a PDF for security reasons. The next time I get something like that I will ask them just to send me it in a PDF. Thanks for that info Ethan!
That's the theory. I haven't really spent much time reading up on document security. Ever since I had a customer send me back a contract document after he had changed it to "be better" and "make more sense" I switched to pdf's. That's all I send now. You can export to pdf from Sketchup too. I bind all the images and documentation together into one file.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts