Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Business is growing and I need a place to store all my equipment.
Anysuggestions? Do you guys use storage garages or something esle?
Neil

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
NTG said:
Business is growing and I need a place to store all my equipment.
Anysuggestions? Do you guys use storage garages or something esle?
Neil
Look in your neighborhood paper for garages for rent. Quite often this is the most economical, but you can;t always find one when you need one. Also try the storage companies. Alot of guys in my area use storage facilities. You could also consider renting a warehouse/office space.

U

·
0 Posts
i keep all my tools in a large{locked} trailer so i can take them from site to site

U

·
0 Posts
cdc

We just started a new business and we only have 2 machines, is it legal to store commercial landscaping equipment in our residential garage?

Grumpy said:
Look in your neighborhood paper for garages for rent. Quite often this is the most economical, but you can;t always find one when you need one. Also try the storage companies. Alot of guys in my area use storage facilities. You could also consider renting a warehouse/office space.

J

·
0 Posts
paint contractor

In most areas it is legal to run a business out of your home if the business does not generate traffic. In your case you will not have clients comming to your home so you should be fine.

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Jim is right. In our county there is a caveat about exposed signage but since you are garaging the equipment I don't forsee a problem as long as you keep all of the neighbors happy. A PO'd neighbor can wreak havoc on you even if you're legal in all respects.
I'm fortunate in that the business park that I am in also has storage units, more fortunate in that the one that I have is directly across from the shop.
I have had a storage unit from the onset but then I used to live on my boat.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I live in chicago, what do you think would be a good estimate for a monthly rental of a place that's less than 750sq ft. I don't have the first clue but my truck is an eyesoare and i'm sick of putting tarps over the mowers, the damn tarps always melt to the mufflers, I know it's ghetto but IM movin on up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts