Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone out there ever worked with EON decking? I have a customer who is requesting we use it on his new deck. I have never worked with this particular product before. If you have worked with it how did it go? Good or bad?
Coots

·
The Deck Guy
3,126 Posts
I've installed a bunch of EON. It's probably the best looking composite out there. It installs super fast and neatly. The railings are a PITA, but all the composite railings (wood included) are a PITA when you look at how long it takes to get them in.

Make sure you download the EON install manual and FOLLOW IT TO A TEE. Seriously. Also, you must frame your staircases a little bit differently to accomodate the system.

The attached pics were of a reskin we did. We kept the existing cedar railings at the customer's request.

Attachments

·
Deck Designer/Builder
2,430 Posts
HD olds the rights to EON here so I haven't had occassion to use it. Their price doesn't make it very cost effective for any clents I've had thus far. Trex has been the best as far as price/installation goes for composite. My personal choice is still cedar though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts