Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Box Builder
6,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I am starting to lose it. Pretty much solid rain for over a month here. Yesterday it poured pretty much all day. I don't even know how many inches we got. This weather is not only making it tough to get any work done outside, but the lack of sun is making me feel depressed. I don't do well without sun. Guess I need to take some vitamin D and wait it out. Next up oppressive heat and humidity and lots of mosquitos. I'll take it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I hear you.
By last week I was ready to slit my own throat.
After the sunny 4th weekend I feel better and only want to kill others.

·
General Contractor
8,000 Posts
Time to recharge the batteries guys, perhaps a little trip to Aruba would help :thumbsup:

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Same here, nothing but rain rain rain; I spent a few days in Salt Lake City, UT last week and the weather was so nice it brought tears to my eyes.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Tell me about it. Last two weeks have been better but it's raining here again today. I have this one project we are working on that I'm trying to take this lot out of the flood plain so we have to reach optimal compaction of the clay pad so we can send it off to FEMA to get their blessing. Well with all this damn rain, it's hard to get proper compaction with overly saturated soil. All this rain has set me back months here not to mention what it has cost me financially in carrying costs.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Was it for the high taxes, the dropping property values, the mudslides, the forest fires or the ever lasting threat of the big one dropping your state to the bottom of the ocean that drove you to CA?

·
Maker of fine kindling
6,199 Posts
It never rains in California.

Don't mind the big campfires, just bring plenty of marshmallows.

·
Service & Repairs
4,001 Posts
New Jersey has just been absolutely beautiful the past few days. Blue skies, very few clouds, mid-80's, low humidity. It's been so cool at night that I don't even need the A/C turned on, and this is the middle of July!!

·
ampman
783 Posts
we get oppressive heat ,humidity,rain,mosquitoes,bright sunshine,lightning,and that just in one hour --- i love florida

·
Remodeling GC
3,239 Posts
9am sunny 70's 12pm 98 degrees then we will have rain and hail at 3 pm temp drops to 70. Other days it will be 50 in the morning and blizzard in the afternoon, hate colorado weather wait 5 minutes. :laughing:

today was 98!:mad:

·
General Contractor
8,000 Posts
New Jersey has just been absolutely beautiful the past few days. Blue skies, very few clouds, mid-80's, low humidity. It's been so cool at night that I don't even need the A/C turned on, and this is the middle of July!!
I agree, this was a beautiful summer so far, the 4th of July weekend, you could not ask for better weather.:thumbup:

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Gonna be 116 degrees here on Saturday
I'd take 116 and dry over 72 and humid any day of the week; welcome to Ottawa its currently 20 degrees centegrade please enjoy sweating your balls off.

·
Painter/Rehaber
399 Posts
Our weather has been damn near perfect this year. Today hit around 77. We have only had a couple of days where it hit the high 80's. No complaints here.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts