Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Roofer
681 Posts
Call ABC Supply, they have stores in Indiana and they carry Certainteed shingles, so even if the local store don't stock them in English they could order them from another one of their stores that do.
I had to order through the local ABC here 'Elk Domains from California' and the cost was fair, I just had to keep everything I bought 'no left over returns' due to the special order.

·
Curmudgeon
11,706 Posts

·
I like Green things
23,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

·
I like Green things
23,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Remember though, if you are matching older Landmarks......the shadow line on them were black instead of a blended color like they are now.

These are blended, I am pretty sure.

This is a 5 year old roof but, for some reason it has the standard, english, sized Landmarks, 36".

I could care less if the color is a bit off. I am more concerned about the exposure and the length. I dont want to try and mess with blending in Metrics with English ones.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
We had to blend them once. It was an addition on a commercial building. The addition was about 40 square and tied into the existing roof. It was right in the front of the building facing the road. We had to set our gun gauges to 5 inches and slap them on. Didn't look pretty and the color was way off because they fade easily. The owner said it looked fine because he was too cheap to reroof the whole building. I still see it easily when I drive by the business.

Good luck and I hope yours looks better.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
A little Surprised Certainteed still makes the English Landmarks. The Shakopee plant switched to metric at least 6-7 years ago.

Last week inspected a 12 year old Landmark Weathered Wood roof and was amazed in how good of condition those shingles were in. 10 years ago the house next door lost the top half of it's roof and the house across lost it's garage and the 40sq Landmark roof didn't lose one shingle! The home owners said the wind was around 100 mph and both claims were over $100K.

·
I like Green things
23,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A little Surprised Certainteed still makes the English Landmarks. The Shakopee plant switched to metric at least 6-7 years ago.
I am surprised that this house has the english sized landmarks. The house is 5 years old. I think someone got a deal on some left over stock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.