11,706 Posts
We have a couple of engineers
who we tolerate here.
You, we'll have to see.....
:laughing:

·
framer
154 Posts
Oh good an engineer, I want to put a BIG window in my house what size header do I need?
It's not a very big house but I got a long driveway, if that helps.

·
Civil / Structural PE
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My tools

Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm glad you like my rig. Did anyone notice that my chainsaw bar is upside down? Works better that way when using an up-cut technique on a stubborn truss bottom chord. I'll post that story next.

BTW, can anyone tell me how to attach a photo to my profile. I've become fond of the chainsaw one. It proves I actually do some real work from time to time.

·
General Contractor
3,444 Posts
Thank you for the warm welcome. I'm glad you like my rig. Did anyone notice that my chainsaw bar is upside down? Works better that way when using an up-cut technique on a stubborn truss bottom chord. I'll post that story next.

BTW, can anyone tell me how to attach a photo to my profile. I've become fond of the chainsaw one. It proves I actually do some real work from time to time.
Yeah, I do that too. I have a hammer I took the head off and remounted facing the opposite direction. It's for the nails on the other side of the house. You know, the ones you pull out of your pouch, and they have the heads on the wrong end.

·
13 Licenses & Counting
197 Posts
First off, welcome!

Do you have a brother named Carl? I've worked with a Carl Garrison @ Garrison Engineering out of Mt Vernon on arsenic related water treatment projects. That would be a funny coincidence, or there's a lot of Garrison's in the engineering world....

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Fellow engineer! Welcome!

·
Civil / Structural PE
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Actually, there are 4 Garrison brothers in construction. Two are PEs, and yes, the one in Burlington, WA is my brother, Carl, who is a mechanical engineer specializing in water systems and HVAC. The oldest, Kurt, started in aviation engineering but is now a builder in Kansas. And the other brother, Mark, is a Contractor in the bay area, CA, specializing in foundation repair, underpinning, and just about anything involving jackhammers and other loud equipment.

The heartwearming part of this is that we all get along great and work with each other from time to time.

·
Civil / Structural PE
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the welcome - I appreciate it.

That hammer has been with me for about 30 years. The handle is coach's tape securing the remaining remnants of the original rubber. That's my demo hammer. I don't use my good Vaughn framer for projects that might require a lot of beating on a cat's paw.

I am a cheapskate and not afraid to admit it :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts