Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
I used to a few times a week. I cut back when I started thinking about them a lot. I am about twice a month now. One of my friends goes thru a four pack every day.
A four pack a day! Yikes :eek:

I drink a cup of coffee in the morning, a couple 12 oz mountain dews throughout the day and maybe an amp or monster in the afternoon.

My wife is quite health conscious and is always getting on me for drinking anything with high fructose corn syrup in but having a YETI cooler in the van with drinks in all the time doesnt help.

I think a lot of it is in your head but monster does have a good taste :whistling

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
I used to have one (green Monster) a day for my morning drink. I have cut way back. They just can't be good for you. I never really felt like gave me more energy, I just like the taste.

·
Super Moderator
30,031 Posts
Nope. I drink a lot of coffee in the mornings and early afternoon. I used to take a 5 hour energy if I was out all night on a fire call and didnt get any sleep. Now I just trudge through it.

·
Registered
8,316 Posts
2 cups of coffee every morning. More in the winter. 5 hour energy sometimes- maybe once a month- in the evening. Probably a gallon and a half of water a day. Doubt I've drank a six pack of soda in the last 10 years.

·
Owner/Installer
66 Posts
I was up to 40oz of Redbull every day. I went cold turkey for a while. Now I only grab one of the small 8oz cans if I have a long drive home or if I have to run out at night for estimates.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Watch out for Gatorade & PowerAde also.

I got kidney stones from drinking them a while back.
Completely true! I had the same thing several years ago, the doctor went on for an hour about ditching Gatorade/poweraid and soda for every reason under the sun...lots of water was his only beverage option that he approves of...

·
Hair Splitter
18,335 Posts
Those things are not healthy at all. If you need them to get through the day you are not allowing your body to regulate itself. You need to get energy naturally through good wholesome food and lots of water to help flush out the bad stuff.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts