Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a small problem. I have alot of work and very few dependable employees and am searching for dependable people to work throughout the US any suggestions? any help would be appreciated

·
General Contractor
1,035 Posts
I would think that that would be a pretty widespread problem. I see that even with the company I work for. Most of our craftsmen wouldn't last a week with a decent home builder.
A problem of any growing company is keeping the talented personel on board as it grows. Many companies grow too fast and they outgrow the ability of the few good workers. The way the company I work for handles it - they promote from within. Everybody starts at the bottom and they add responsibility up to a level they are capable of. As they get better and learn how we do stuff we promote. I can't remember a time that we have hired a project manager. We start them at field engineers or laborers then move them up through the ranks.
Of course it's always necessary to give them good benefits and wages to keep them there so they can actually learn all the ins and outs of running work.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
work

Unregistered said:
I have a small problem. I have alot of work and very few dependable employees and am searching for dependable people to work throughout the US any suggestions? any help would be appreciated
yeah what type of work ,where at ,what kind of pay,????????????????? email me some info [email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts