Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Gebhardt & Co Painting
126 Posts
Anyone heard of blue tooth?
My contacts know to call a 2nd time if it is an emergency!
Text get looked at and answered when I can.

Your time, your job, take my phone and destroy it?
What are you guys, god?

·
The Dude
Untangler of blue spaghetti
3,413 Posts
Anyone heard of blue tooth?
My contacts know to call a 2nd time if it is an emergency!
Text get looked at and answered when I can.

Your time, your job, take my phone and destroy it?
What are you guys, god?
Wait til you're paying for some idiot to jibber jabber on the phone all day. I haven't tossed anybody's phone in the toilet yet. So far they pound sand before I get my hands on it :whistling

Leaving some moron at a gas station or McD's has been known to happen on occasion though :laughing:

·
The Dude
3,413 Posts
Yes...me ex wife was HORRIBLE about it....

Her....whatcha doing?

Me...same thing i was doing 20 minutes ago when you called me....standing on a 2x4 wall 30' up setting trusses! I'm working!!!
My solution is this - I don't answer. I'll call back when I can. If they call back before that time - I make them wait an additional hour. If they call back AGAIN I'm probably not calling back that day.

I HATE people wearing me out with the phone when I'm working. I have a cell phone for MY convenience, not to act as an electronic leash.

·
The Ultimate Wire Hider
4,455 Posts
Safety is a big issue for me when it comes to being on the phone at work.

I'd rather face the possibility of having to buy my employee another phone if I get my point across than to have him walk backwards off the edge of a building because he's going, "YAK-Yaaaak-yak-yak-heee---haaaa--hawwww" and now I have to pay out on the workman's comp.

·
The Dude
3,413 Posts
Safety is a big issue for me when it comes to being on the phone at work.

I'd rather face the possibility of having to buy my employee another phone if I get my point across than to have him walk backwards off the edge of a building because he's going, "YAK-Yaaaak-yak-yak-heee---haaaa--hawwww" and now I have to pay out on the workman's comp.
At least SOMEBODY sees the value of pitching a phone in the toilet :thumbsup:

Lesson 1: never walk backwards on a roof. Especially a flat. At least on a pitch you're well aware that one slip and you're done.

Lesson 2: Pry that fking phone out of your ear, or find someone else that'll pay you to practice for your Jerry Springer appearance. Or should I pay for them to watch TV too?

·
semi-skilled laborer
2,075 Posts
I worked with an idiot who had his phone make a race car sound when he unlocked it. He would go into a bathroom with a setup to look like he was going to paint and the next thing I heard the race car. Idiot spent the day posting cute cat pictures on Facebook.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

·
The Dude
3,413 Posts
Personal Phones only come out during breaks unless they are expecting a phone call and ask me in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe in responsible use of the phone. If they think that means talking to their GF for hours, they can toss it in the toilet - or I'LL toss it in the toilet ... or they can take the day off, and the rest of their life too.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Phones stay in the trucks. Even mine does most days. They invented voice mail for a reason. If they want to check thier phone at lunch but if they come back on the job with a phone to one ear and a smoke in the other hand I tend to loose my patients

41 - 60 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.