Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
JumboJack for president!
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a house we are working on that has had the power turned off by the utilities dept for a rusty meter box/cover. I haven't contacted my electrician yet, but i just found out about it 5 mins ago. Would i figure charging for updating electric? Im sure everything gets pulled from house, new surround installed and inspection right? Never heard of this before. It is a municipality instead of the big guys power company

·
I own stock in FotoMat!
12,985 Posts
There's no set standard to answer your question with. You need to ask your electrician, or contact your local buidling department and/or electric utility to see what their rules are.

Some places will allow a repair. Others require certain work to be done before a reconnect. And you may find you need to completely rewire the house.

·
JumboJack for president!
747 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sweet. I thought it would be the latter part. It seems though that they will let me just repair. I haven't seen it yet. Thank you for getting back to me. Saved me from the woods. I guess they bottom is rusted out and hopefully i won't need to rewire. Well, hopefully i will:whistling

·
ampman
783 Posts
surface rust is not to bad but the whole bottom rusted out -problem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts