Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at electric hydraulic pumps for my 99' F-450 flatbed dump. I have a scissor lift setup, 22.5" x 8" cylinder, there is a 2.5 gallon storage built into the scissor setup. I can use or bypass the extra tank. I already have the extra amp alternator.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm looking for brand recommendations and places to get a good deal. I would like a double acting and have been looking at an MTE pump. Max load will probably be 6 ton with an average of 3 tons. I do general construction as well as lite grading. Once in a while I do need to do on site shuttle. Thanks in advance for any input.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the links / info. Looks like some good deals. Anyone know how to compare these pumps? The spec's seem not to vary much. I get the single acting / dual acting - gravity down vs power. They all seem to be 2500-3000psi with slightly different tank sizes. What about speed, strength and durability? I realize the tank size will help cool and that all the things above depend of my cylinder etc but I still should be able to compare pumps and motors as stronger or faster.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I ended up ordering an electric pump, I hate trying to spread gravel with a PTO doing the shuffle. I ordered an MTE brand, it has wireless remotes. The dealer I bought it from sells Monarch too but told me MTE was a better pump. He said one thing in particular is that MTE uses bearings on both ends of the motors shaft, where Monarch uses a bearing and a bushing that wears out. We'll see how it goes and I'll report back. It's suppose to be here tomorrow. Check out their site, good prices. www.abletrailer.com/

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have used one of the northern electric pumps before in an f superduty dump i used to have to replace a burnt out pump. but the best thing i ever did was use a belt driven clutch pump i believe the brand i used was deweze. talk about speed it was expensive but well worth it IMO

1 - 15 of 15 Posts