Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thoughts on this? I have a client that wants to do this over 3/4" CDX on a covered deck. I've never done this and wanted to know what you guys think about it and if you have any specific recommendations or product recommendations on this. I really can't afford to have this fall apart in a few years down the road, esp as this owner is family and I will hear about it forever if it becomes problematic. They have friends that have done it with mixed results from the same installer. Let me know what you think.

·
General Contractor
149 Posts
Thoughts on this? I have a client that wants to do this over 3/4" CDX on a covered deck. I've never done this and wanted to know what you guys think about it and if you have any specific recommendations or product recommendations on this. I really can't afford to have this fall apart in a few years down the road, esp as this owner is family and I will hear about it forever if it becomes problematic. They have friends that have done it with mixed results from the same installer. Let me know what you think.
Two concerns:

1. Elastomerics can be very fickle in cold climates. Some can be quite brittle and don't flex well under load in the cold. Urethane elastomerics products are well-suited to cold climates, but I'd check very carefully with local applicators to determine which ones really do perform.
  2. Elastomerics require re-coating, usually every three to four years. You need to accommodate for the cost of maintenance and recoating.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts