Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Non-conformist
1,581 Posts
I'm not familiar with this particular site but the model of gleaning your info and listing you in a directory style is nothing new. As a general rule I just ignore these. There's no harm being done. It's unlikely any real benefit will be gained either but in the absence of harm it doesn't need to reside on your brain cells.

·
Referral Service
12 Posts
I would only worry about it if their profile page ranks higher in SEO than yours. Just from a quick google search for "remodeling harrisburg pa" and "alone eagle remodeling', that doesn't seem to be the case.

The general model for these types of company is to programmatically create pages for Company X that SEO high, and then farm for leads to sell to Company X. It can be a good thing as long as they're providing good value to your business (such as providing a good amount of credible reviews to bring you high quality organic leads). But it can be a bad thing if they're just an SEO shop looking to make a quick buck by scraping the most basic of information and ranking highly in the search engines.

I would be more concerned about the other 'directory profile pages' for 'alone eagle remodeling'. The profile page for your company for MerchantCircle and PennLive don't seem to provide any extra content, and are still ranked 6 and 10 respectively.

·
Chief Reporter of Spam
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I'm not worried about this one in particular. . There are some that I've claimed before but many I don't. I think it would be hard for them to rank above my site and what not so I'll just leave it.

·
632 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but this just happened to us.

The problem is they have us listed as fence builders. The problem with that is we aren't and never have been, but the underwriter saw this and now thinks we are out doing work that we aren't insured to do.

So several phone calls with our agent stating "No, really, we don't do fences. Really we don't. No, never heard of them. I don't know why they our info. I don't think i've ever even built a fence. Really. I promise."

We are getting it cleared up and it's really not a big deal. It's kind of funny but a little annoying.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts