Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Efficiency

3K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  fhdesign 
Vinny, I feel your pain. Is there a good reason for all the guys to show up at the shop I'm assuming in the morning? Not sure how you work, do you provide everyone transportation to the job? We usually start our guys pay about half hour before we can actually start to allow them to get the machines warmed up and fuel/greased. That way at 7 sharp (that's when we are supposed to start in our developments) they can be rolling. Unfortunately they aren't making money at that time, but not much you can do. They get paid until they leave the job.

Do you set a goal/time frame at the beginning of the day for them? I find that your employees don't really know what it's going to take to make money. If we let them know what they need to get done and when it seams to give them a goal to meet. Our guys are real good, but it's just human nature sometimes not to really go after it everyday if not pushed.

Do you like your crew or do you need better people? Cutting pay at this point i think wouldn't go over too well. If you let everyone know profits are tight and we need to hustle in order not to have to cut pay it might go further. Some of your better people might have some ideas of how to get started quicker. Going straight to the job or tell everyone pay starts as soon as we get to the jobs. If you are doing multiple jobs during the same day I think you are stuck with the mob cost.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.