Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Design Build
8,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been installing this siding the last couple of weeks. It came with 3/8" x 8" x 6' foam insulation to go behind every piece of siding. It's supposed to be a zero maintenance product. We are matching the same siding on the existing home. The only down side I am having is that the machine oil on the pieces has dried out and wrecked my finger tips. Strange issue to be dealing with.

The siding is pretty rugged. I've never installed anything like this before. Lots of J channel and special stuff to cover the ripped edges, etc.

The box says it's made in NJ. Anyone else use it...like/dislikes?

·
Registered
17,271 Posts
siding made in NJ? no i never heard of it
i would love to find something different to offer besides vinyl or fc
i remember years back we used to do aluminum with drop in backer
and I've ripped off a few steel jobs but never installed one,from what i remember compared to aluminum it was pretty heavy duty

i think it was more popular in the mid west because of its resistance to hail damage,i do remember seeing some finish failures like the pvc coating peeling

are you sure the siding is from nj?or is the foam from here?

funny what was old is new again;)

pics hopefully soon?:thumbup:

·
Registered
234 Posts
siding made in NJ? no i never heard of it
i would love to find something different to offer besides vinyl or fc
i remember years back we used to do aluminum with drop in backer
and I've ripped off a few steel jobs but never installed one,from what i remember compared to aluminum it was pretty heavy duty

i think it was more popular in the mid west because of its resistance to hail damage,i do remember seeing some finish failures like the pvc coating peeling

are you sure the siding is from nj?or is the foam from here?

funny what was old is new again;)

pics hopefully soon?:thumbup:
I never heard of Edco but if you have to match something I guess you have to use what you have too.
We had about a five year period in the early 80s when steel was the hot item where I was.
Ten years later, I was getting repair calls becausesome of it would just fail. Some of it would peal off down to the metal.
The company who's product I adjusted woudln't replace the siding but would send someone out to sandblast the whole house then repaint it. Of course it was prorated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts