Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went from 40 hour weeks to 90.

My phone rang like 20 times today, it was crazy. Things are really picking up for me.

Went from like 4 days out to 3-4 weeks.

Is anybody else noticing this?

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
It started to pick up then it slowed down, in this area with GM down sizing we are going to see 65% of the down sizing, which the white collar people are being let go, these are the people I get my work from, so here it's going to be hard going :shutup:

www.frankawitz.net

·
Banned
9,058 Posts
While a few certain pockets of the country might be having an uptick, no the economy is not picking up. Unemployment is up (again), stocks have backslid in the last few weeks. Consumer confidence is down in the last month after making some gains in April and May.

Until the unemployment #'s stop their climb (we're getting real close to 10%), we're not going to see much in the way of consumer confidence.:no:

10% unemployment is a huge #, and who knows if that will be the peak of unemployment ... I hope it is, but what's going to bring that # down, the economic stimulus? :w00t: Not working out real well yet. :no:

·
Banned
9,058 Posts
:laughing: I'm glad to hear that certain areas/trades are doing well, believe me. Just don't want anyone to start thinking we're anywhere near outta this shiite yet, because we haven't hit the bottom of this one yet and ya gotta hit bottom before you can have any sustained recovery.

The job market and the housing market gotta get better first and that's a ways off.

·
Professional Instigator
6,872 Posts
:laughing: I'm glad to hear that certain areas/trades are doing well, believe me. Just don't want anyone to start thinking we're anywhere near outta this shiite yet, because we haven't hit the bottom of this one yet and ya gotta hit bottom before you can have any sustained recovery.

The job market and the housing market gotta get better first and that's a ways off.
It is all in what you believe and who you associate with. Its doing just fine

·
WICKED WOODCHUCKER
893 Posts
Tuesday of this week i had 2 small upcoming jobs. By wed. night I Had 12. Plus a past client booked us for 2 months of work this winter. Not sure why it happend all in 1 day but I'm very grateful for it. Hopefully more to come !!!

·
Banned
3,431 Posts
Here in Colorado I haven't seen a slow down in a couple of years for me, been pretty steady but did lose a couple of big jobs due to no financing being available to them. Had to rearrange my schedule to keep going early part of this year but got back on track by feb. Lots of under bidding going on but I dont play those games some estimates I saw for full gut and redo in bathroom on a 1920's house was 6k which is 10 under me. :shifty::blink:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Good to see some optimism. I've been in business 10 years and was pretty worried about keeping the guys busy last winter as the economy tanked. Now, I've never been so swamped with great work. It seems people can only go so long without spending $$ on their homes. :clap:

·
President
292 Posts
For me it was real bad for the winter in early spring. I had laid off 10 men. So far I have brought back 8. We have about 40 jobs ahead. Looking good for the summmer.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts