Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys.

I have this unique ability to fix about anything I touch. It seems theres only two things I don't fix, the first is my marrages, the second is all the products that the parts cost more than another purchase. My DEWALTS for example.

It's strange, I could not know a dam thing about an item, and just from looking it over I seem to always stubble on to the problem. I can't explain it.

From computers to toasters and all the way to automotive then back around to a sagging floor or a leaking roof, it's been like this my whole life.

Anyhow recently my friend and I bought a another laptop on ebay. I don't think this guy has a clue to what he has, so I took a chance.

Check it out.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3717&item=6748001294&rd=1

What do ya think fellas? Will Glass Bob fix it? Who's taking the odds?

Bob

oh yea heres the last one I fixed, working fine now.

·
Remodeler
824 Posts
Glass,
I hope your not gsanders58 and won the item. It isn't worth much more than 75 working. It is only a PIII. Very out dated. If the owner said the motherboard was bad. You might not get a replacement. Getting the thing back together will also be a challenge. Notebooks are like a 1000 pc puzzle. Good luck if your gsanders58.

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Look at the other P3's on ebay and try to find one that goes for less than 300. If it even gets close to three it has something missing or doesn't work.

I've been watching ebay like a hawk, and anything, I mean anything 1 gig plus pulls down the money.

Also I'm getting real familiar with Toshiba products.

The 15" LCD with inverter and cable will bring me 150.00 easy. A 129.00 "buy it now" wont last an hour.

Bob

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update: got it yesterday, I had to tweek the crap out of the software to get it to run but once I got her up, it wasn't the motherboard, I dumped all the crap the previous owner had loaded.

SHE'S AS SMOOTH AS SILK.

I'll send pics later.

Payout bookies, Super Glass strikes again!

Bob

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Glass.
Congrats. I was going to say go for it. Usually people selling on ebay don't know what their doing, and you can fix it without having to get parts replaced. Looks like your one step ahead of me.

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ha! I'm on it now. It's faster than my stinkin desktop. But then again my desktop is a comadore 64, right Teetor:cheesygri

Bob

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
I dunno Bob, might be a converted toaster oven.
I did just see that last week in one of ol#2's geek mags.

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I read that in that laptop model, to prevent burns, you have to lay 2 bats of R-11 between your legs and the unit.

Bob

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
Bob, I hope that you have your pants on when you put down the insulation. LOL

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Glasshousebltr said:
I read that in that laptop model, to prevent burns, you have to lay 2 bats of R-11 between your legs and the unit.

Bob
I always make sure the pink side is down :Thumbs:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts