Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Master Tile Mechanic
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, at least we don't get snowed in. Came across this board while laughing at all the bad info on the web about tile installation. I stopped in mid-chuckle.

I'm an "old school" tile mechanic, brought up on mud, apprenticed to an old master in 1980. I've run 14 employees, I've been solo. Right now I work with my son. We do high-end, complex tile and stone. At 47, I'm at the peak of my skill, but I have an open mind and I'm always willing to learn.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Welcome to the forum Kyras.

How long you been around Charleston? I graduated From Monks Corner in 80, We might have been learning our trades on some of the same jobs.

·
Sluggin away
1,393 Posts
welcome. used to live P.T. in Lexington and ran crews throughout the State. Love SC. Wish I was there now when its like -5 right now.:no:

·
Master Tile Mechanic
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Born and raised, Sawdaddy. West Ashley is my stompin' ground, but I get around. I'm the white pickup with all the toolboxes... I think I just passed you.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Yeah I saw you. I'm in the white van with the ladder rack.:thumbsup:

FremontREO, It ain't worth the trip for the temperature difference today.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Kyras,

Welcome to CT. I am a former Charleston native myself. I say that laughing b/c my family moved to Atlanta when I was 1 but I was born at Roper.

One side of the family lived out off 61 and the other half was on Lake Moultrie in Moncks Corner. I've spent a lot of time in both of those regions. Great city!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts