Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Easy Roof

5K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Teetorbilt 
#1 ·
Just wondering what you guys think. Im new so take it easy on me. I have a customer, who lives about 5 houses away (Connecticut) who wants his roof done. he is stripping it for me :) and wants me to put a new one on for him. 1520 square feet, 25 year architectural, one dormer with 2 valleys. one hip with two valleys, one septic pipe and one exhaust pipe. chimney also. i dont know him well, so i figured that $2320 would be a good price. what do you guys think? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Joe
IR2

#4 ·
Architectural

I am going to tell him that the 25 year are hard to get because they are discontinued, and it will be cheaper to go with 30 year because of that. the slope is about a 6/12. I figured about $145/sq, because its all being stripped for me, so I just have to lay it on and go. What difference should i make for 3tab and arch? Thanks again guys. :)

#5 ·
The difference should at least be the difference in material price. I don't think the price is too high. I think it's a few hundred low. Then again I charge alot more than most people do for new constuction, and that's essentially what you are looking at.

I guarantee the owner isn't going to have the roof prepped and ready to go, so all you have to do is shingle. I bet there will be wood that needs replacing, wood that needs refastening. Nails to be pounded in or removed, and probably broom sweep the deck.

I hate working when the home owner wants to get involved or buys materials etc... I usually pass on these jobs.

#9 ·
Looks like I'm going to be a roofer, one job only, mine. All of the roofers that I trust are booked out over a year, that's another hurricane season away.
Just what I needed, another project.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.