Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any experience with EasyBoard used in place of Durock or Wonderboard. Custom Building products website shows how clean and easy it cuts with a knife and at 6 lbs a board seems much better especially for 2nd and 3rd floor baths. I also thought it would not be as strong but that was also demonstrated on their site to be more than strong enough.

·
bathroom guru
1,348 Posts
Anyone have any experience with EasyBoard used in place of Durock or Wonderboard. Custom Building products website shows how clean and easy it cuts with a knife and at 6 lbs a board seems much better especially for 2nd and 3rd floor baths. I also thought it would not be as strong but that was also demonstrated on their site to be more than strong enough.
I remember chatting with someone here who used it - but they also installed kerdi on top and mentioned that the kerdi gave the board a lot more strength.

I was going to try it......haven't yet though!

·
Banned
3,431 Posts
I use the easyboard and then kerdi. For me without the kerdi the ez board seems to be flimsy, after kerdi stiff as a board. I would never even consider using 1/4 inch on floors. The time to carry, cut inside with razor knife and install is 40% less time.

·
Registered
13 Posts

I used to use it until the local supplier stopped carrying :mad:

Loved it.... no problems...

·
bathroom guru
1,348 Posts
Not anymore.... and can't find another supplier for it YET :sad:

Do you remember Tim Hall - used to do sales for floor Acc many years ago - then started his own store - he was bringing some in, not sure if he still is though (could've asked him today - bumped into him at Costco!)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I only see it at Dal Tile stores lately. I think Depot stopped selling it when 90% of HO's did not know what it was used for.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Do you remember Tim Hall - used to do sales for floor Acc many years ago - then started his own store - he was bringing some in, not sure if he still is though (could've asked him today - bumped into him at Costco!)
Dang... i haven't seen Tim in a few years....
If you have his number, please text it to me... thanks

GDFC

1 - 10 of 10 Posts