Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is an attachment for driving wood 2x2 pegs and sidewalk pins with a demo hammer? I have seen this done with ground rods but can't find anything for pegs.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
oooo.... I might have to go out and weld something up.

Thanks for the idea:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
TimelessQuality said:
oooo.... I might have to go out and weld something up.

Thanks for the idea:thumbsup:
Works nice in frozen ground with steel stakes. I lent mine out to my dad which reminds me I need to get that back.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gary H said:
Works nice in frozen ground with steel stakes. I lent mine out to my dad which reminds me I need to get that back.
Where did you get the bit? Did you have to make one?

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Eric R said:
Where did you get the bit? Did you have to make one?
I took a ground rod driver and used that for the shaft. Then took a steel pipe that fit the round stake , I think I used 3/4" black pipe or 1" then welded a nut on one end. Took a grade 8 bolt and threaded and welded it to the nut. Cut off the Hex End and fit it to the rod driver. Instead of welding it I drilled a hole though both and inserted a nail. Allows to change for steel stakes or ground rod.

You maybe able to weld it instead of a pin , but so far its working good.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Get hole saw large enough to cover the stake, , put a 1/2" bolt , washers & double nut bolt so shaft of bolt sticks out, use ground rod driver to drive bolt , Hole saw keeps driver centered on the stake. I used this for driving posts on a chain link dog run. ay have to tighten the nuts every so often.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts