Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
find out i was fortunate enough to have the world's dumbest ready mix driver though. i have BRAND new gravel placed around the building. he had 3 bare acres he could have washed his truck out and i wouldn't have cared...where'd he wash out on? my NEW gravel. think i'm calling the ready mix company up and have them clean it up. what a pig.

·
Designer/Contractor
5,323 Posts
find out i was fortunate enough to have the world's dumbest ready mix driver though. i have BRAND new gravel placed around the building. he had 3 bare acres he could have washed his truck out and i wouldn't have cared...where'd he wash out on? my NEW gravel. think i'm calling the ready mix company up and have them clean it up. what a pig.
Out here the washing out on the ground days are long over, everything goes back into the truck or into a wash out area that is lined. it's always tight when the slab is closed in like that, takes good technique not to have a buildup next to the walls.

·
GC/carpenter
43,942 Posts
Out here the washing out on the ground days are long over, everything goes back into the truck or into a wash out area that is lined. it's always tight when the slab is closed in like that, takes good technique not to have a buildup next to the walls.
Yep, big fines here in Orange County as well. A buddy of mine had a city inspector roll up to a concrete pump that was leaking water on the street. He pulled out a vial and collected a sample. He ended up getting fined 2500 bucks for a few drops.

·
I'm a Mac
5,487 Posts
We have a thing here called enviro-chute, basically a bucket attached to the bottom of the chute and a suction hose that runs back to the barrel. Driver hooks it up and washes down, all fines and water sucked backed into barrel and when done the bucket has just gravel in it, driver can unload that little bit in site.

·
Registered
594 Posts
All those wash out regs sound a little ridiculous to me. It is funny about the drivers though. Those knuckleheads always seem to pick the worst spot. The pump trucks are the worst. They usually drop that extra yard right in the middle of the driveway. If we are on our condo project and that happens, i just pick it up after it dries withe the lift and set it right in the way of their next pour. They'll never learn though. All it would take is a simple question of where to put it too!

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it's freaking concrete for fugh's sake...find a spot that nobody cares about, wash out your truck, and hit the pile at the end of your chute with your hose for a couple of seconds....i was peed off because of the aesthetics. common sense rules here. i've had a bunch of ready mix drivers over the years, and most of them if in doubt will ask where they can wash out. only reason i'm peesed, is he washed out on a completed part of my project here. in my opinion, nothing different than the carpet supplier walking into a home after the carpet's down, and sheeting on it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts