Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Custom Builder
4,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My damn e-machine sometimes slows down like a snail on crack, anyone know where I can get a systems restore disk for it cheap, or even free would be better.

Bob

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a HP 2.3ghz that had the same problem. It turned out the floppy drive was shot. It worked real slow but that is hard to tell on them. But it slowed down the entire machine to a crawl.
I went into the bios and disable the floppy and it corrected the problem, until last week that my daughter was home and doing her homework, she tried to save her work to the a: drive which did not exist. She ended up emailing her files to herself and that worked. But I had to R/R the drive and reenable it.

Emachines are lousey machines, they are so propritary they drive me nuts. but this may work for you without a restore disk. If it is the floppy the restore disk will not do you any good anyways

U

·
0 Posts
Emachine is just the brand, the problem is the chipset you are running, which isn't a Pentium.

Friends don't let friends buy computers running on the celeron chip.

Every cheap computer ad you see is a celeron chip computer. It is the lose leader for the computer industry.

Being in the trades I'm sure you work with Pentium tools like Porter Cable and Milwaulkee, you don't buy celeron tools like black & decker do you?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts