Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Design Build
8,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just used my Hilton points to get this. I hope it sucks. ;)

I'll write a review once it arrives and gets to work.

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
wallmaxx said:
Just used my Hilton points to get this. I hope it sucks. ;) I'll write a review once it arrives and gets to work.
I used to sell vacuums. You won't be disappointed. We had a demo one day where we took a Kirby over a carpeted area and then the dyson just to show how much more it picked up after the Kirby. This was when the dyson first come out.

Had carpets installed in basement room that was 12x12. The guy used a shark POS and it didn't suck up hardly any if the loose pile. Took our blueprint dyson over it and filled the canister.

Bought the handheld cordless one for the house and I'm tented to get one for the trailer for clean up. Battery don't last long though so that's the only down side.

·
Registered
680 Posts
I bought a dyson dc 25 ball about five years ago and when we used it for the first time it looked like a rats nest in the canister. I could not believe it, I thought our hoover did an ok job but I guess not.
you have to remember to clean the filters
nicko

·
Design Build
8,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
***Update***

So I had read a bunch of 5-star reviews on Amazon.....how the vacuum was amazing. So I thought I'd recreate some of the experiments.

Step 1: Our former vacuum...a 12.0 amp Kenmore Progressive Direct Drive upright (Model: 116 31913100) was used to vacuum the entire carpeted region of the house.

Step 2: The new Dyson DC65 Animal Control was easily assembled (someone on Amazon said it was difficult.......not at all). The entire carpeted area was vacuumed by the Dyson IMMEDIATELY AFTER BEING "CLEANED" BY THE KENMORE MACHINE....................holy moly!!!!:eek::clap:

No joke. The Dyson sucked up a full canister of "stuff"!!

This machine is an amazing tool.

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
wallmaxx said:
***Update*** So I had read a bunch of 5-star reviews on Amazon.....how the vacuum was amazing. So I thought I'd recreate some of the experiments. Step 1: Our former vacuum...a 12.0 amp Kenmore Progressive Direct Drive upright (Model: 116 31913100) was used to vacuum the entire carpeted region of the house. Step 2: The new Dyson DC65 Animal Control was easily assembled (someone on Amazon said it was difficult.......not at all). The entire carpeted area was vacuumed by the Dyson IMMEDIATELY AFTER BEING "CLEANED" BY THE KENMORE MACHINE....................holy moly!!!!:eek::clap: No joke. The Dyson sucked up a full canister of "stuff"!! This machine is an amazing tool.

It is crazy that it can do that. Them comparisons you see on a TV ain't no joke. my girly mate has a shark copy if the dyson. She said it is better than the dyson for less money. More like her boyfriend was to cheap to buy her a dyson lol

·
Talking Head
5,388 Posts
I had a Dyson and it performed pretty well on the carpets. I think the newer ball design is a great idea. I prefer canister vacs so I'll always go to my Miele first.

I bought a Bissell Healthy Home vac a few years ago, based on reviews, and it does a fairly comparable job for a lot less money. I doubt the lifespan of the Bissell will be nearly as long as the Dyson though. I was very skeptical of the Bissell at first because most of their stuff is crap but this one has lived up to the reviews.

Anyway, I'm sure you'll like the Dyson. They are a good product and the price is worth it if you have a lot of carpet.

·
Registered
9,569 Posts
Bought the handheld cordless one for the house and I'm tented to get one for the trailer for clean up. Battery don't last long though so that's the only down side.
Same here with the cordless, only like 7 minutes of use before battery dies

I have the D65 at home works fantastic, was skeptical until we used it.

·
Future Post Deleter...
1,895 Posts
I've had Dyson, Kirby, Rainbow, Oreck. All of them are in the basement.

My current vacuum is a Panasonic and it beats everyone of them. It is heavier and bulky, the wand isn't very user friendly. But it sucks everything up and leaves great vacuum lines. Oh, and it has a light. I take the Panasonic to the basement to do the carpet down there.

·
Registered
16,403 Posts
Inner10 said:
Bull, Miele kills Dyson.
There's really nothing in it between them. Back when I sold both brands miele didn't have an upright and dyson didn't have a canister so they both were great for each market. Now they both do uprights and canisters there's not a lot in it between them. The upright dysons do blow the miele's away though. The miele's are built like brick **** houses though. The dysons got so many parts on them there is a lot to go wrong if you drop them down the stairs or give them a quick knock onto hard ground.

·
Head Grunt
3,270 Posts
ex-wife kept the one we had in the divorce, it was one of the few things she was willing to fight for. Have a Bissel now that works ok but eats belts. Someday when finances allow i will own another Dyson. The only complaint i had with the Dyson was the wand not wanting to expend to full length and would tip the vacuum over.

·
Want to play a game?
4,522 Posts
I hate carpet

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk
Agreed. Most of our house is tile. When it comes to remodel each room, they will get a solid floor. No carpet. Maybe a throw rug here and there.

Having said that......Dyson works great on solid floors.:thumbsup:

·
GC/carpenter
43,888 Posts
Agreed. Most of our house is tile. When it comes to remodel each room, they will get a solid floor. No carpet. Maybe a throw rug here and there.

Having said that......Dyson works great on solid floors.:thumbsup:
We ended up with a Miele upright. Great vacuums

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

·
Future Post Deleter...
1,895 Posts
I love carpet and installed high end low pile carpet.

I'm a huge neat freak and vacuum twice a day.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I have the Dyson DC 45 Animal. It works great!! My daughter has had a cat for almost two years now. That lil bastard leaves hair everywhere. First time having a cat, did not realize the hair is everywhere!!! Have to vacuum once or twice a week!!

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
None of you guys have central vacs?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts