Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

Dw715 single bevel cms

1775 Views 7 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  JR Shepstone
I was at my local HD tonight and picked up the DW715 for $149 plus tax.

Looked it up online and it's listed at $249 and not available at my store.

If anyone's in the market, check your local store.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
That is a good deal. great saw to have set up for framing.
I agree. I still have my first one from around 94 or 95. It's the Type 1 that has been my framing saw since 1996. I also have a Type 5 that's still functional, but has some slop in the moving parts from beach sand blowing around. I do a lot of PVC with it now.

I picked this one up for portability because my 780 is mounted on a cart and I needed a reasonably accurate saw that I can get up 3 stories in a hurry.:laughing:
That is a good deal. great saw to have set up for framing.
I saw that one but I already have two.

Surprisingly, that actually stopped me from buying it.
I have gone through a few of them framing.
I've been seeing that.

I get bummed out thinking that I paid $200 for mine.

It's not like it's all that big of a difference, but it's cheaper now, and I thought I got a good deal at the time.
I almost grabbed this around Christmas time for $199 and held back. Glad I did now. My buddy grabbed it back then and just gave me his review of it the other day. He was happy with the price he paid.
I've been seeing that.

I get bummed out thinking that I paid $200 for mine.

It's not like it's all that big of a difference, but it's cheaper now, and I thought I got a good deal at the time.
I saw it when lowes had it marked down from $229 I think and I took that to HD and got an extra 10% off and I was happy then.

I've used it a little bit and I'm happy with it, but part of me wishes I went with a 10", maybe even a 10" slider, but that's a topic for another day.
loneframer said:
I almost grabbed this around Christmas time for $199 and held back. Glad I did now. My buddy grabbed it back then and just gave me his review of it the other day. He was happy with the price he paid.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.