Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at my local HD tonight and picked up the DW715 for $149 plus tax.

Looked it up online and it's listed at $249 and not available at my store.

If anyone's in the market, check your local store.

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is a good deal. great saw to have set up for framing.
I agree. I still have my first one from around 94 or 95. It's the Type 1 that has been my framing saw since 1996. I also have a Type 5 that's still functional, but has some slop in the moving parts from beach sand blowing around. I do a lot of PVC with it now.

I picked this one up for portability because my 780 is mounted on a cart and I needed a reasonably accurate saw that I can get up 3 stories in a hurry.:laughing:

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I've been seeing that.

I get bummed out thinking that I paid $200 for mine.

It's not like it's all that big of a difference, but it's cheaper now, and I thought I got a good deal at the time.

·
KemoSabe
14,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've been seeing that.

I get bummed out thinking that I paid $200 for mine.

It's not like it's all that big of a difference, but it's cheaper now, and I thought I got a good deal at the time.
I almost grabbed this around Christmas time for $199 and held back. Glad I did now. My buddy grabbed it back then and just gave me his review of it the other day. He was happy with the price he paid.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
loneframer said:
I almost grabbed this around Christmas time for $199 and held back. Glad I did now. My buddy grabbed it back then and just gave me his review of it the other day. He was happy with the price he paid.
I saw it when lowes had it marked down from $229 I think and I took that to HD and got an extra 10% off and I was happy then.

I've used it a little bit and I'm happy with it, but part of me wishes I went with a 10", maybe even a 10" slider, but that's a topic for another day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts