Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of any great DVD or computer based training that is geared towards the Electrical contractor industry?

I've experienced Mike Holt's , Tom Henry's, and the Mastering the NEC series and I'm looking for something more upbeat, modern, updated, lots of graphics, pictures, job site videos, etc. Something to keep the students engaged.

There are alot of great dvd resources for safety based topics, but I can't seem to find anything that covers such topics as the NEC code, blueprint reading, generators - that are more engaging.

I'm having a hard time finding such material. Any suggestions?

·
#1 stunner
576 Posts
Good luck finding something to keep the mind set on tract, you have to be really hungry for the information. I find myself studying up on the new codes and next thing I know I wake up 2 hrs later sitting in my chair haha.

·
Service & Repairs
4,001 Posts
Good luck finding something to keep the mind set on tract, you have to be really hungry for the information. I find myself studying up on the new codes and next thing I know I wake up 2 hrs later sitting in my chair haha.
You got that right. The NEC has to become your best friend. Carry it with you everywhere. Have a copy at home and at work and carry it with you in the bathroom, in your bedroom, in your living room, to the local library, go read it at the park, at the beach, but leave it in the truck when u go to Hooters. That might be a little weird.

·
Contractor of the Month
26,075 Posts
Good way to waste time, its difficult to absord information from cheesy videos; get a roll of wire and some devices and do a practical lesson.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I take it from the general consensus - nothing exists?! I know you have all commented on the topic of NEC learning. But how about Blueprint reading? Intro to Generators? Intro to Motor and Lighting Controls? Any suggestions for those?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts