Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My computer has a DVD rom drive and when I insert a DVD into it and try to play it, it won't play. I can hear that it is scanning the disc but it isn't recognized and it asks me to insert the disc into the drive. Does anybody have an ideas as to how to fix it?

·
Registered
8,573 Posts
My guess is some how the dvd software or the hardware driver got screwed up. Does the dvdrom play regular cd's, either music or data?

If it plays regular cd's then I bet my guess is correct. Fixing it depends on what operating system you have.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If you are like me, and use multiple softwares in my company, I would call my computer technician and say "Fix It".

·
Registered
8,606 Posts
orto said:
If you are like me, and use multiple softwares in my company, I would call my computer technician and say "Fix It".
Orto, who would you call? Would you bring it to a local computer, or do you have a relationship set up with an actual technician who comes out to your workplace?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree with Grumpy, sounds like a software or driver issue. Did the DVD drive come with the computer or was it installed later? In either case do you have the documentation and software that came with the drive (either new or aftermarket)? If so you should be able to reinstall all software and drivers necessary to get the drive up and running. If unfamiliar with the process post a reply, it's fairly simple.

Good luck.

BSC

1 - 5 of 5 Posts