Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
remodel,design build... its strange to me how we come full circle in the school of life.I've been working in the trades since 1976 . I left my home town in 78 and moved to miami fl vowing never to return to that dying town. I left miami after a few short months to hitch hike across the us,( young and adventures).... I got as far as san antonio texas, while sitting in a truck stop in the middle of the night watching the rain and mud slides in california I decided that california wasn"t the place for me. finished my coffee and hitch back home.I spent 10 years in mass.(still can"t spell it properly) then moved back home in 88 ,my mom was terminaly ill. I"ve been here ever since.I worked with a local contractor then went out on my own in 93 and have been working as a one man show ever since, I decided the If could keep my overhead low I could survive the lean times. feast or famon has been the way of life for the past 17 years and this past winter has finaly pushed me over the edge. It looks like I'm going back to florida, I'm signing on with an out fit out of halifax nova scotia a laborpool company ,they are sending carpenters from canada (the border is a 5 min. drive from my house) to the ft myers area ,there offer sounds good so I may see you in florida soon .

·
Registered
10,471 Posts
When you get here buy a home fast. Value is going up over 30% a year, can't lose proposition.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts