Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here using a dust containment system?

What type?

·
Registered
363 Posts
we do not use the big units you can set up in the van or trailor, but our machines are pretty good with dust containment and we never have any problems with dust. Our buffers are rigged up with a vacuum system that works pretty good.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I don't use them. But there are days when I wish I had one. Especially when I loose bids on homes with vaulted sealings in the entry. Hanging plastic in those places is not for the faint of heart. A DCS would sure be nice.

I have seen the one they used to call the "Inline System". Kelly-Goodwin used to sell those. Then Bona has a really neat system...comes with the trailer and everything. Bona also has a more portable system. I think Alto has come up with something too...kinda merged with the WAP vaccuums. Plenty out there. I think FloorStyles also has some.

I use Lagler equipment and they are pretty efficient as long as I keep the bags clean and in good repair. My buffer (Alto) really needs some help though.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have the Alto Wap. Works great, I eneded up buying the Clarke buffer too. Sold my old one. Small and portable, I need to stay compact for a small truck. Can't see hauling around a trailer for a one man operation. I still use a Bona bag with the baffle for the Hummel.
The vaccuum is very quiet and powerful. All the housewives go ooohh and aahh when they see my brushed aluminum head.
Changed my life. Now I make more money, drive faster cars and get better women...

·
Registered
375 Posts
Marco said:
I have the Alto Wap. Works great...All the housewives go ooohh and aahh when they see my brushed aluminum head.
Changed my life. Now I make more money, drive faster cars and get better women...
Yep, I'm sure Alto would like to quote you on that one for their next advertising campainge. :cheesygri

1 - 5 of 5 Posts