Contractor Talk - Professional Construction and Remodeling Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
;):blink::clap:Hi, I am new in using durock cement board, can anyone tell me if I can use mortar for a finish or IIf I have to use the dura bond,
will appreciate your help in this.
actually i am doing an extension a master bedroom and i am using this as the outside wall. can I go regular sand and cement mortar for the finish look.
I know that i have to use tape and dura bond for the joints but i would like to know about the ooutside flat finish
actually I am not from america and it is permitted to use the durock cement bboard for small construction.
I wish i can get the help i need here.
thank you very much for any help I can get here

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
;):blink::clap:Hi, I am new in using durock cement board, can anyone tell me if I can use mortar for a finish or IIf I have to use the dura bond,
will appreciate your help in this.
actually i am doing an extension a master bedroom and i am using this as the outside wall. can I go regular sand and cement mortar for the finish look.
I know that i have to use tape and dura bond for the joints but i would like to know about the ooutside flat finish
actually I am not from america and it is permitted to use the durock cement bboard for small construction.
I wish i can get the help i need here.
thank you very much for any help I can get here
:laughing:

·
I like Green things
23,071 Posts
Screw it, just go ahead and put it on. Make sure to run the arrows in the same direction and silicone the joints. Durabond the seems with some mesh, skip trowel some mortor on and call it a day. Seal with some good grout sealer after 2 weeks.

That should last long enough for the wall framing to start rotting before any problems show up.

Then you can call some that knows where the durock should be installed at.

Have a good day.

·
Where's my coffee?
92 Posts
...but the boy at Home Depot said it's for walls... and it's near the sheathing. Come on, put two and two together! :w00t::w00t: :w00t::w00t:

·
Home Builders/Contractors
262 Posts
Screw it, just go ahead and put it on. Make sure to run the arrows in the same direction and silicone the joints. Durabond the seems with some mesh, skip trowel some mortor on and call it a day. Seal with some good grout sealer after 2 weeks.

That should last long enough for the wall framing to start rotting before any problems show up.

Then you can call some that knows where the durock should be installed at.

Have a good day.
ROTFLMAO Bravo...:clap:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Tile for your exterior walls? May I suggest 3x6 subway tiles? Takes longer but provides a FANTASTIC exterior finish. Please post finish pics.

·
Project Manager HFH..
3,711 Posts
I don't get it?Is he wanting to put sand and mortar on the durock?
Why not just put some lath on and stucco it?:blink:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.